Altering a Box Tutorial ...
How to alter a paper mache box ...
1. I got my supplies ready to go and I’ve found that for myself a piece of ink blending foam works when applying a layer of gesso.
2. Above left shows the box after one coat of gesso was applied. Above right shows how the box looks after two light coats of gesso.
3. Once the two layers of gesso were dry I adhered the air dry clay flowers to the box lid with matt gel, to ensure they, hopefully, won’t fall off.
4. I then applied two coats of acrylic paint to the inside and outside of the box and lid trying to avoid the pretty white flowers.
5. Once the acrylic paint was dry I started to colour the flowers, I used two coats of H2O watercolours to colour them. I punched the little bee out of snippets and then coloured them with a black watercolour pencil and gold H2O watercolour paint. I added some sisal to the centre of the flowers and attached the bees and three little white pearls.