Wednesday, 3 January 2018
January Journal Pages ...
Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. Whilst I remember I wanted to take the time to wish you all a very Happy New Year!! I am still somewhat surprised that 2017 has finished lol!! I have a pile of new tools and consumables right now as I bet have most crafters lol! Several items were Christmas presents and many were lovely new tools I have won but not had a chance to play with and that’s why I’ve kick started my month with a journal page, lol, and here it is …
A double page spread, ooh-er!
The left hand page
The right hand
That beautiful sentiment
A final look
Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Art Journal Journey Challenge New Year New Adventure: see final paragraph
Country View Crafts Challenge Anything Goes
Emerald Creek Dares #ecjan2018
New: the rose stencil; Picasso quote stamp; watercolour pencils
which were were an unexpected Christmas gift from my lovely Mr!
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Something New
That’s Crafty Challenge Anything Goes
I have used a new stencil, a new stamp and new watercolour pencils to create this double page spread. Here’s a quick step by step process for you:
1. I cut A4 card to A5 and attach the Paperbabe rose stencil with Washi tape. Use a make up sponge and red acrylic paint to add the roses. Remove the stencil and re-position and continue until the card is covered, clean your stencil and leave card to dry.
2. Use watercolours to colour the rest of the white card, I put this aside whilst working on the next parts.
3. I cut A4 card to A5 and then I drew and coloured the flowers on the right hand section and lightly coloured the flowers with colouring pencils.
4. I grabbed another piece of A5 card then I drew and watercoloured these flowers using much more muted colours, I left them to dry.
5. Hunting through my snippets piles I found a vellum snippet which I put in the Misti then I stamped and heat embossed the new Paperbabe Picasso quote.
6. I tore the rose background so that I had a 4cm wide piece. I glued this over the drawn and coloured flowers.
7. I attached part of the left over rose background over the drawn and watercoloured flowers and I trimmed the excess (created snippet #1).
8. I attached the stamped and heat embossed vellum over the watercoloured flowers roughly matching the torn edges but allowing a little overlap.
9. I attached both pages into my journal but felt there was something lacking on the LHS so I die cut a snippet that had been coloured with Luminarte H2O watercolours and added this to the page on the left hand side using my newish heart die.
Once again I am trying to kick of my New Year goals with plans to journal every month and this year more than once a month lol! I’m very aware that I have issues getting certain projects created and finished in the run up to Christmas every year. During 2018 I plan to blog twice a month with mixed media journal pages, twice a month with mixed media tags and keep up with m y drawing and painting practice and try to incorporate that into my MM journals too. At least that is the plan for between January and September. Then from October to December I can concentrate on Christmas gifts and projects. After I have completed my chores for the months of January to September I will create what I want to for the rest of the month and that will include cards and not cards projects. I do want to try and create a minimum of one canvas or assemblage each month but I’m not promising myself that yet lol! I need to see how I feel and if I physically can create something else then that will be a bonus. I’m trying very hard not too put myself under too much pressure by doing it this way. I’ve been really rough the last couple of months and we know why but I still get very frustrated if I can’t create the things I want to create when I want to create – if that makes sense!
I’m happy colouring in stamped images but when it comes to colouring my drawn projects all my confidence disappears lol! So that is going to be my New Year New Adventure this year, I hope lol! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x
Stamp &/ Stencil:
Paperbabe Stamps: Mixed Media Roses stencil; Art Quote To Draw stamp
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Sizzix Big Shot Plus die cutting machine
Leonie Pujol Mixed Media dies: All the Love
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette; make up sponge
Sheena Douglass white stamping card
Snippets: Sheena Douglass white stamping card; vellum
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Faber Castell Albrecht watercolour pencils
Derwent Coloursoft pencils
Pebeo acrylic paint: red
Luminarte H2O watercolours: deep red/purple
Versafine IP: black
WOW EP: Detail Clear
Collall all purpose glue