Friday, 22 September 2017

Welcome Fall ...

Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week is going well. I think this month I’ve created more mixed media pieces than anything else, lol, and it’s great! Anyway here is a canvas I created to celebrate Fall (in the UK we say autumn but I love the American’s word so now I call it ‘Fall’) …

A canvas to welcome the season
It has lovely depth and texture
All the details
You can see the lace peeping through here
The beautifully delicate branch and leaves
A final look

Created for me and especially for these Challenges
Allsorts Challenge #433 Feels Like Autumn
Creates and Makes Challenge #14 Anything Goes
Die-Cut-Diva’s Challenge September Masculine
Given that my husband loves this one I think I can say it’s masculine friendly
Emerald Creek Dares September: Celebrate Canada
I hope you can see that my leaves, colours and texture are all about your beautiful country
Frilly & Funkie Challenge To Everything There is a Season 


 MMW#29 Anything Goes


Unstampa Belles Challenge 
Theme: sets of threes twist: use cardboard
I made sure that the different shaped leaves were added in sets of three and the cardboard was coloured with acrylics before adding


This canvas started out life as an experiment on my part. I added a thick layer of gesso and then pushed two ribbon pieces into the gesso, one at the top and one at the bottom. I then sprinkled Flower Soft over the canvas to see what texture it might add. I won’t be doing that again lol! Once it was dry I added watered down acrylic paint to colour it. I tore a piece of cardboard off a box and removed the top layer so that the ribbed bit would be visible. I then coloured that with watered down acrylics. I used a lot of snippets to die cut lots of leaves adding them in batches of three. I coloured a die cut chipboard branch with acrylic paints and once dry I attached it to the coloured cardboard and glued that piece in position.

A quick and easy explanation from me for a change, lol, and hubby loves this one too. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment. I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x










Tools
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Sizzix Big Shot Plus die cutting machine
Crafters Companion Inspiration Magazine Issue 11 Autumn: leaf dies
Crafters Companion Die’sire Ivy leaf
Miscellaneous Tools:
MISTI; heat tool; paintbrushes; water pot; paint palette; pallette knife

Supplies
Card Paper:
Box canvas
Piece of a cardboard box
Snippets: patterned papers; coloured card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
DecoArt Mixed Media Fluid: titanium buff; primary magenta; primary yellow; translucent white
Pebeo acrylic paint: brown
Embellishments:
Chipboard branch and leaves
Snippets cotton lace
Flower soft
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue
Collall dimensional glue

9 comments:

Helene E said...

Lovely details indeed! Thank you for joining in our challenge at Allsorts this week, hope to see you again.

Virginia Lu said...

SO beautiful!! Love how this Fall art can be displayed! The textures and dimensions are AWESOME! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Pop It Up” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

frommycraftroom said...

A great piece of mixed media art work. Thank you for sharing with us at Unstampabelles.

Sara Barker said...

Autumn/fall, no matter how you say it, it's my most favorite season of the year! Your mixed media piece is a perfect welcome to the season, Karen! I love the contrast of the delicate chippie against the rough corrugate. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing it with us at Frilly and Funkie! I am so happy you are a loyal friend and follower!

PS Thank you for your sweet words on my BRILLIANT journal page! Ha! Ha! The medical gauze pads I used were freebies at a yard sale. The packages were all stained, and I'm sure no one would use them for their intended purpose. But I saw potential. You could probably purchase these new in a drug store in the bandaid aisle. Hope this helps! Hugs!

Arlene said...

This surely is masculine friendly. LOL... It really is so full of fall colors and materials that it is a perfect creeatiion for the guy. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

Monica Maier said...

What a fun fall project you created! I feel the need to create something similar to display in the house, Thanks for joining us Die Cut Diva's!

Cec said...

Terrific fall canvas with lots of lovely texture and the colourful leaves that are abundant at this time of year. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
Hugs!
Cec

Leslie Lineberry said...

Beautiful Fall project! Thank you for joining the challenge at MMW with this pretty piece!

Susan Hogan said...

Beautiful work. A piece of art. Thanks for sharing with us at Unstampabelles and hope to see you back again soon!