Tuesday, 1 November 2016

House of Cards November ...



Hello my lovely friends and visitors, I hope your week has started well.  It’s the first of the month and that means a new theme at House of Cards Challenge and you can create a multi layers project and/or these colours ...


Once again I have been inspired by both the colours and the optional layers theme and here it is …
I created an A5 card because I wanted all the added extras and for the background to be visible too
Lots of lovely layers and depth
All the lovely details
I managed to capture some of the shimmer I added by tilting the card (the white bits) lol!
I am sorry I meant to move the twine but forgot lol!
I love this beautiful border!
Ivy leaves have become my new favourite dies, lol, & that little poppy is just perfection!
A final look

Luckily for me this also fits the following Challenges
Anything But Cute Challenge #19 an autumn day
Cuttlebug Mania Challenge Tic Tac Toe: Animal-Die Cuts-Sentiment
Fussy & Fancy Friday’s Challenge #175 Shades of Autumn 
Simon Says Stamps Monday Challenge Thinking of You: 
I hope think that this card perfectly fits the theme of remembering & remembrance
Stamps & Stencils Challenge Elements of Nature
Sweet Stampin’ Challenge Inspired by a Song: Rockin’ Robin 
We Love to Create Challenge #22 Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes


There are lot of layers in my card, I think, there are at least six of them, lol!  Lots of lovely stash was used and, yes, I really enjoyed creating and colouring all the elements and then putting the card together was an absolute joy. 

As soon as I saw the photograph I knew precisely what I wanted to use to create my background layer.  I used one of my Stamplorations stencils and, unusually, I remembered that colouring it with ink straight through the stencil would create a messy red and brown background so I used a watercolour pencil to draw the bricks and after I had covered the A5 white card I coloured each brick with Red Barn Distress Re-Inker and I left the card to dry overnight before colouring the ‘grout’ with Vintage Photo Distress Re-Inker.  I used the Die’sire Rococo Edge die to create a piece of white lace card which I coloured with Vintage Photo and left that to dry. 

I stamped the bird onto white card then coloured him with my AquaTints, I added multiple layers of brown AquaTints because I wanted there to be shade, shadow and texture and I was able to build that up by leaving to thoroughly dry between each layer.  I used a couple of snippets to die cut circles from, one for the bird and one for the sentiment.  The large snippet had already been partially dry embossed with a musical embossing folder which fits this stamp set with that sentiment perfectly.  I knew the bird would be too big for the die cut circle but I wasn’t worried because I wanted to decoupage him after the circle had been attached to the pearl scallop circle. I coloured both white die cuts using red and brown AquaTints and once the sentiment was stamped in place and dried I used my fingers and hands to add splashes of water which I dried with a piece of kitchen towel.

I had a rejected stamped landscaped that was mainly green so I decided to use that background to die cut the ivy leaves from.  Snippets of red pearl card were die cut with the scalloped circle and one flower was coloured red and then I put it all together.  I added some sparkle to some of the die cuts and added a twine bow (thank you Ruza)!
   
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and comment.  I really do appreciate it and I hope you get some time to do what you love to do soon ttfn Karen x









Tools
Stamp:
Dina Wakley Scribbly Bird stamp set
Die Cutting Machine & Dies:
Cuttlebug die cutter
Spellbinder Large Classic & Scalloped Circle dies
Crafters Companion Die’sire Christmas Classiques Ivy die
Crafters Companion Die’sire Fancy Edge’ables Rococo
Crafters Companion musical embossing folder
Stencil:
Stamplorations Grid Locked stencil
Miscellaneous Tools:
Tim Holtz Distress Tool; paintbrushes; paint palette; water pot

Supplies
Card Paper:
Crafters Companion A4 & snippets Sheena Douglass stamping card
Crafters Companion A4 Kraft card
Snippets pearl card
EP Ink/Paint/Pen Colours:
Versafine IP: onyx black
Spectrum Noir AquaTints: Perfectly Primary & Landscape
Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pens: Clear Overlay
Tim Holtz Distress re-inkers: Vintage Photo; Fired Brick; Peeled Paint
Watercolour pencils
Embellishments:
Twine & Sequins from my stash
Live & Love Crafts: Poppy flower
Adhesives/Mediums:
Collall all purpose glue; double sided tape; fun foam; Washi tape (stencil)
          


13 comments:

rachel said...

gorgeous make Karen - I love your combination of elements - beautifully done! Hugs rachel x

jenn shurkus said...

beautiful card!! Thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!!

rachel said...

just popping back to say thanks for joining us at stamps and stencils. Hugs rachel x

Team Clark said...

What gorgeous layering! Love the colors and elements here. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamps & Stencils. Hugs, Autumn

foleysfriend said...

WOW - so many beautiful details; it's difficult to figure out where to look, there is awesomeness all over; great job.

sue n.
HOC DT

mixamatoasties said...

Great card.

Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stampin'.

Susan

Pawsitively Creative said...

This is fantastical and those layers are beautifully capture in the photo! I can see the shimmer but I bet it is even better in real life right? I can see why that ivy border is among your faves, exquisite detail in that die and also in the border die. The bird is the icing on the cake along with the sentiment. Hope you are doing well.

Thanks for joining us at Anything But Cute for our "Autumn Day" challenge! Hugz. ~Niki DT

Sammy said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Love this. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

Ruth said...

Such a sweet card in pretty colours. Thanks so much for joining us at Stamps and Stencils. Ruth x

toni said...

So much fabulous detail on this lovely layered piece ! Thank you for joining us over at Stamps and Stencils Toni x

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

What a totally endearing card! And such fun to read about your creative process (had to laugh when you apologized for not moving the twine in one of your fantastic detail pics! Glad I'm not the only one who forgets stuff like that in my pics)! I especially liked how you used the bigger size card to, as you said, show off all of the great elements. It's layered, yet we still get to see all of the gorgeous textures and details and that was really inspiring. As always, thanks for sharing your amazing crafting skills with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! I always enjoy seeing your work!

Swissie said...

A wonderful card with lots of great details! Thank you very much for joining Cuttlebug Mania this time!
Swissie DT

Michele K. Henderson said...

Gorgeous little bird! I love robins and this one is so adorable! Have a fantastic holiday, Karen!
Take Care!
Michele, HOC teamie!